Monday, March 20, 2017

THREE

While on vacation a few weeks ago I set a reminder on my phone to not forget my mile everyday. My daughter watched me set the reminder and asked "Would you really forget to run?"

Would I really forget to run while on vacation or any other time for that matter? In short, anything is possible. Considering the fact that I was away from home, my normal routine, on the road and in a different place, I guess the chances are greater. That being said, after 3 years, running is integrated into my daily routine. No matter what I'm doing my brain is asking "When are we running?" This goes on until I run. Everyday.  

When I first started streaking, I will admit that is was mostly for my ego. I wanted to prove to myself that running everyday wasn't that hard. The first year proved to be the hardest. I questioned my sanity more then than now. These days I have moved onto the acceptance phase of my streak. Yes, Liz you ARE crazy. 

The United States Running Streak Association (USRSA) and Streak Runners International (SRI) page has the occasional "OOPS!" posts.  The streaks range from a few months old to a few years old. They will often report that they knew something was missing from their day and it wasn't until the next day that they figured out what it was.  I have had dreams (okay, nightmares) of forgetting to run. Wouldn't be the end of the world honestly, but I can imagine what a disappointment it might be if I simply forgot to run. 

I woke up March 20, 2014 to the first day of spring and proclaimed "My run streak begins today" It was a day, like today (minus the record high temps) where winter was a distant memory and in it's place were signs of new life among the brownness.  The birds were singing their songs and the bees were buzzing.  

Today, I woke up to THREE. I let that sink in for a minute. Three years. I reflect on this past year that saw many tears. Tears of sadness for the loss of loved ones. Tears of happiness for a new job and new beginnings.  Through it all, running has once again proven to be the ONE constant thing that centers me. My heart is full because I can run. Because I do run. Because I choose to run. Gratitude.  Here's to 4



Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for a quick post on GOALS 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment